For Over Fifty Years, Charlottesville Families Have Trusted St. Mark Lutheran Preschool To Provide Quality Early Childhood Education In A Safe, Loving Environment.
Our program is inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy of early childhood development. We provide a safe, playful environment where our children are free to discover, explore, question, and express their own experiences, predictions, and evaluations in a myriad of “languages”. Offering a variety of materials, tools, concepts, and equipment, we help them to see alternatives, problem solve and make their own decisions. We are committed to observing and listening, and then reacting to and validating their ideas with respect, imagination, and tenderness.
- Two programs available
- Early Explorers (Starts at 2.5 years old)
- Young Investigators (3.5 years until Kindergarten)
- Open year round, Monday – Friday, 7:00am to 5:30pm
- Open during inclement weather in most cases
- Safe, clean environment
- Experienced, professional teachers
- One rate includes all programs and activities
- Program partners with parents and the community to meet the needs of the child
- Small group sizes and low teacher to child ratios
- Close to UVA, UVA Medical Center, Law School and Darden
We invite you to contact our director, Katie Plumb, and make an appointment to learn more about St. Mark Lutheran Preschool’s curriculum and community.