For fifty years, Charlottesville families have trusted St. Mark Lutheran Preschool to provide quality care and early education for children ages two and a half through pre-kindergarten.
St. Mark Preschool originally opened it’s doors in the late 1950’s as St. Mark’s Kindergarten and Nursery School. In 1974, the congregation changed the name to St. Mark Preschool. St. Mark Lutheran Preschool welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, ethnicity, faith, or national origin. We believe that all people are beloved children of God. We invite you to contact our director, Katie Plumb, and make an appointment to learn more about St. Mark Lutheran Preschool’s curriculum and community.
We currently have five preschool classrooms. Two classrooms serve the Early Explorers, who are our youngest students. Children who are at least two and a half years of age are eligible to attend this program. Potty training is encouraged but not required for the Early Explorers program.
Three classrooms serve the Young Investigators, who are preschool-aged and will be learning all skills necessary to transition to Kindergarten. Children in this room range in age from three and a half up until they are ready for kindergarten. Potty training is required for this program.
St. Mark Lutheran Preschool offers:
- Open year round Monday—Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm
- Only closed for severe weather
- A safe, clean, home-like environment
- Experienced and professional teachers who genuinely love the children they serve
- One rate includes all programs and activities
- Teachers and administration partner closely with families to meet the needs of each child
- Community partners serve to promote education and wellness with our children
- Small group sizes and low teacher to child ratios
- Close to UVA, UVA Medical Center